Patient Safety Manager
Patient Safety Manager
London - Cromwell Hospital
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
Supporting our clinicians and managers to deliver of high quality investigations into significant patient safety incidents across the hospital that ensure we understand errors and learn from them appropriately and in a timely way. The post-holder will support the review of incidents as well as leading on key patient safety project work. The post holder will work closely with the Health and Safety and Risk Manager to ensure that all risks to patient safety are identified, controlled and reviewed regularly with our clinical and operational teams.
This is a busy position in a team that is central to everything within the hospital. We have a fantastic team and we want you to enjoy working with us! As well as a competitive salary, we will offer you our enviable benefits package which includes, Bupa health insurance, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and many more!
What’s a typical day?
- Provide comprehensive support to lead investigators in undertaking incident investigations using root cause analysis technique, undertaking the lead role where appropriate. This will include support with information gathering, RCA panel management and report writing as appropriate.
- Ensure that recommendations and action plans are SMART and address the root causes of the problems identified, including plans for sharing lessons learned.
- Undertaking audits of RCA action completion
- Oversee a system for managing RCA timescales to ensure that investigations are completed within policy timescale
- Provide comprehensive KPI and management data (including trends and themes) on a monthly basis to the hospitals governance meetings.
- Work with our staff to ensure that duty of candour is completed in a meaningful and timely way for our patients. The post-holder should work to ensure that patients and their families are included in a meaningful way and that the investigation answers questions which are important to them,
- Provide expert advice on issues relating to patient safety, risk management, M&M processes and CQC compliance.
- Develop and deliver patient safety and risk management education and training within the Division. This includes, but is not limited to, delivering training in patient safety & risk management, risk assessment, incident investigations, and induction.
Who we’re looking for?
- At least 3 years patient safety experience in a healthcare organisation
- Recognised clinical qualification
- Proven knowledge of the principles of risk management, patient safety and integrated governance.
- Educated to degree level
- Proven teaching and presentational skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing change within a clinical environment.
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.