Head of Patient Services
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The Head of Patient Services reports to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer responsible for effective leadership, direction and accountability of all front line administration services across the LBH Campus. The core administration support services form the spine of the hospital, which encompasses the patient journey from beginning to end, at all times supporting clinical departments whilst enhancing existing and new business.
This is a full time permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary – Competitive
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As Head of Department to contribute actively to the development and continual expansion of the administration team.
- To lead the management and oversee progressive development of high quality and customer responsive administration services offered by our administration teams.
- To manage the administration services efficiently and cost effectively, recognising the various changing needs of our patients, Consultants and other users.
- To work in conjunction with Consultants and other departments to provide a smooth front line administration and secretarial service, identifying any areas for improvement and growth.
- To ensure the Outpatient Business Office department provides registration functions including:- Collection of patient demographic details for the purposes of consent in line with GDPR compliance and data protection. Cashiering functions for collection of revenue and debt in accordance with HCA audit requirements. Increase revenue volumes by promoting capture of over the counter outpatient booking service.
- Oversee management of all cash floats, petty cash and disbursement in line with HCA policy.
- Ensuring strong control and check points within all facilities to allow for successful collection and banking of all treatments/accounts.
- To ensure medical secretarial services are provided to the highest standard to our consultants for their patients. Collection of revenue for services provided are billed timely and accurately.
- Conducting in depth analysis of processes, metrics and KPIs to ensure Administration direction is aligned to business needs.
- Manage performance by ensuring all staff are appropriately trained and regular compliance checks are completed.
Skills & Experience
· Extensive years of experience working Front Office Hospital/healthcare industry
· Ability to influence stakeholders
· Team player and ability to build effective working relationships
· Detailed knowledge and experience of all processes within patient administration
· Detailed knowledge and experience of billing, charging and cashiering procedures desirable
· Extensive Management experience desirable
· Ability to gain a detailed knowledge of Meditech/HCA affiliated systems
· Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Microsoft office) with demonstrated analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to deal with all levels of staff and external third parties
· Accuracy and attention to detail
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly