Clinical Nurse Specialist - Spinal
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Nurse Specialist Spinal
The Ortho/Spinal nursing ward is located in The Wellington South building, and is a 21 bedded unit specialising in Ortho, Spinal and Neuro patients.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Spinal Clinical Nurse Specialist to join the Wellington Hospital. As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary Spinal team using your clinical expertise to co-ordinate high quality care and treatment of patients requiring Spinal services across the facility. This will include supporting both pre-operative assessment and post-operative care of patients including follow up after discharge.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent post and you will be required to work from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm (flexibility around these daily hours).
Salary: Competitive dependent on Experience
Reward and recognition - We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To act as a role model and provide supervision in the clinical area demonstrating advanced clinical specialist skills in order to provide the highest standard of individualised evidence based, patient centred care while supervising the work of others.
- Promoting the educational programme within the hospital working closely with our fantastic Nursing teams, Consultants and other Healthcare Professionals.
- To assist in compliance with National Regulations including NICE guidance and CQC expectations within the field of Spinal nursing management.
- To assist in audit of the inpatient service, including patient satisfaction and patient outcome measures. To act on results of audit in collaboration with colleagues to continually monitor and develop the service.
- To identify staff training needs, and provide group and individual teaching to nursing staff on aspects of spinal care, to support the development of specialist knowledge. Liaise with the education department, medical, nursing and other education providers to develop and deliver training programmes that meet the needs of our staff.
Skills & Experience
- NMC registered Nurse.
- Experience at a similar level with extensive relevant post registration experience including experience in a relevant Spinal surgery setting.
- Post basic qualification in clinical specialty related to practice area.
- Recognised teaching qualification or evidence of Masters level learning would be advantageous.
- Confident decision maker, with a focus on improvement and development.
- Excellent communication with effective management, problem solving and decision making skills.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.