Registered Nurse - Children's Immunisation Clinic
A unique opportunity for an RGN/ANP to lead nursing team in busy and popular established private children's immunisation service
We are situated in the heart of the City of London between Monument and Tower Hill tube stations
We are a popular, respected and established private children's immunisation clinic offering bespoke immunisation schedules for those parents who do not wish to follow the standard NHS immunisation schedule.
We are looking for a lead nurse who will administer vaccines to babies and children. You will also be responsible for stock control and for assisting the administrative team in answering parents questions.
You must be experienced in vaccinating babies and children and have a confident and reassuring character. You will have a comprehensive induction from our clinical director, Dr Richard Halvorsen and from our current lead nurse.
- Administer vaccines prescribed by Dr Richard Halvorsen or, in the case of certain vaccines and within your competence, at the parent’s request one of the doctors in the samedaydoctor group, under PSD in most cases and PGD in a few cases, including
- Maintaining extensive and up to date knowledge of the vaccines being used in order to advise parents, supplementary to the information provided to them by Dr Halvorsen and refer them to Dr Halvorsen for any questions that you feel you do not have the knowledge or experience to answer.
- Maintaining the skills necessary to administer the vaccines and continually strive to develop the skills needed to manage children and their parents through the vaccination process which can be traumatic for children and parents alike.
- Ensure the PSDs and PGD regulations are followed and correct records kept.
- Keep up to date with annual basic life support and anaphylaxis training including children.
- Keep up to date with bi-annual child protection and vulnerable adult training.
- Manage the vaccine stock:
- Order vaccines appropriately to ensure that they do not run out, but equally being mindful of ‘cash-flow’ and having large amounts of stock exposed to the risk of cold chain failure or expiry, by avoiding ordering too many at once.
- Keep stock control records through practice manager billing, entering incoming orders on to practice manager and reconciling these with manual stock counts every 1 or 2 weeks as agreed with the clinic manager. Ensuring all incoming orders are cross checked against the order placed and that stock is organised in the fridges for easy access.
- Ensure that the clinic manager, is notified of all orders placed and that these are recorded on the daily feedback so that the admin team know to expect delivery and everyone is aware when a delivery has arrived.
- Check fridge temperatures every day that the BBJ fridge is used and ensure that it is checked if there are days when she is not here.
- Ensure that stock is rotated so that those with shorter expiry dates are used first.
- Handle any supply shortages in supply by sourcing alternative suppliers or vaccines under Dr Halvorsen’s direction.
- Work with Dr Halvorsen to ensure all literature used by BabyJabs is kept up to date and sufficient printed.
- Reviewing all immunity test results, informing parents of their child’s results, by email or phone, and recommended course of action. Liaising with TDL where necessary. To deal with any incoming questions about immunity results that the admin team feel unable to deal with.
- Dealing with questions from parents where able when the admin team need support and Dr Halvorsen is not available.
- Monday: 9am-6pm
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm (includes 30 minute meeting with Dr Halvorsen and 3 hours admin time for stock control and other admin duties)
- Wednesdays: Off
- Thursdays: 9am-6pm
- Fridays: 9am-6pm
- Saturdays: up to 6 clinics a year 10am- 4pm
There is a some degree of flexibility in the above hours. The number of hours is agreed with respect to the agreed salary, but the management reserve the right to adjust the timing of the hours in future depending on satisfying the service users and availability of clinic rooms.
Managers and support:
Admin: Shawn, Clinic Manager
Clinical (Babyjabs): Richard, Medical Director
23 days (nearly 6 weeks for 4 day week) per year in addition to statutory holidays
Apply for Registered Nurse - Children's Immunisation Clinic
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly