Clinical Nurse Specialist Gynae Oncology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Working in our cancer services at HCA Healthcare UK will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to further develop existing skills within a cancer centre of excellence. Our cancer network spans across HCA and our renowned hospitals. For this role in particular, you will be based mainly in facilities within the W1 area including; The Harley Street Clinic, The Princess Grace and Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC), as depicts the patient management continuum, from diagnosis through all forms of treatment and survivorship.
We are at the forefront of delivering expert cancer care to private patients through world leading Consultants from surrounding London cancer centres, our dedicated and highly skilled team of nurses, state of the art facilities with the latest technology.
We provide a full range of innovative diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment. This includes complex surgery, radiotherapy, cyber-knife and gamma knife as well as the latest in cutting edge SACT such as Immunotherapy and targeted treatments. Our Consultants are internationally renowned and are experienced in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer, using the latest medical developments to provide advanced treatment options. In addition to this, our units enables nurses to deliver high standards of holistic care to their patients and deal with patients who have a variety of malignancies and the related complexities associated with the disease and treatments.
We have a robust infrastructure in place to support you, your career and your academic progression, with vital peer support from a large cancer CNS team and senior nursing members from the cancer department. We recognise the high value a CNS brings to the team and the service and strive to ensure you feel valued by this team and the Organisation.
As the Gynae Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will lead the service in a number of HCA facilities in the W1 area to provide specialist nursing advice and act as a clinical expert to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients with related diseases.
You will be supporting Gynae oncology patients through diagnosis, surgery, radiotherapy and systemic treatments.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £45,754 - £52,000 (dependent upon skills and experience).
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently carry an ongoing caseload of patients, working with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate care for patients needing gynae oncology care.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care, providing specialist advice through holistic needs which will improve the quality of care and meet the needs of patients with gynaecology malignancies.
- Act as a key worker for a clinical caseload, working to coordinate care and provide easy access for on-going support for patients.
- Enable people to access, identify, appraise and interpret complex technical information, to enable people to determine their own future
- Provide expert clinical expertise, specialist advice and support across service boundaries.
- Promote and use clinical expertise, clinical acumen, creative reasoning and experience to advance care.
- To work closely with multidisciplinary colleagues in cancer ensuring patients have access to and have details of an appropriate key worker throughout their cancer journey.
- Liaise closely with the MDT coordinator to support the collection of clinically sound, robust cancer data by the MDT as mandated by local and national policy.
- To influence strategic developments in pursuit of advancement of quality patient care and the patient’s experience.
- Involve patients and carers/relatives in the planning and delivery of care and development of services to enhance the patient/carer experience.
- To act as the Service expert, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues to promote a cohesive team.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 3 years + with gynaecology experience
- NMC Registration
- Post Registration Qualification relevant to the role
- Experience of working within the Clinical Nurse Specialist role or similar senior level
- Knowledge of relevant national cancer policies and procedures
- Strong oncology background
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.