Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pain Management
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine
The Clinical Nurse Specialist is to work as an autonomous practitioner and effectively co-ordinate and deliver an expert nursing service within the specialist are, be able to manage a caseload of patients/clients. To ensure that patients and their families are fully informed and supported by providing clinical support, be able to lead the development of evidence based clinical nursing practice in line with current research and guidelines,
To ensure surgical and medical teams are supplied with an individualized pain management plan for all acute and chronic pain referrals within agreed protocols
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week hours to be worked between 8am – 6pm
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts from £45,754 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be able to provide and manage an expert specialist pain management nursing service
- Provide expert nursing advice and support to patients, their families and other healthcare professionals
- To co-ordinate a seamless service through the development of enhanced Multidisciplinary team (MDT) processes and communication
- To ensure operational policies are reviewed annually in accordance with national standards
- Work with the MDT to develop, implement and evaluate integrated care pathways and systems of MDT documentation
- Actively involve service users in providing feedback of their experience of the current service and suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in relevant fora at Hospital or Corporate or National/International Level to represent the service perspective
- To play an integral role in the operational and strategic development of specialist service, both in and out patients
- Develop policies and protocols to improve patient care
- Liaise effectively with all other disciplines within
- Initiate and participate in the management of change to improve standards and communication
- Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Relevant post registration qualification in specialist field
- Strong leadership
- To have proven experience of experience of service development
- Relevant, demonstrable experience in pain management
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly