Centre Manager - Outpatients
Part of the the Harley Street Clinic, the Chiswick Outpatient Centre provides a wide range of healthcare services and aims to meet the needs of the local community.
We’re particularly focused on families and offer the full suite of children’s services in a modern, child-friendly environment.
We have a dedicated paediatric consulting suite, play and breast-feeding areas and access to world-leading consultants with on-site tests and treatment rooms.
The Chiswick Outpatient Centre provides patients with faster and more convenient access to health services within the local community. Bringing together the expertise of leading consultants across 15 specialities.
HCA Healthcare is currently looking for an experienced and commercially minded Centre Manager to manage the day to day running of the Outpatient and Diagnostic services within the Chiswick Outpatients and Diagnostic Centre, working closely with the facility departmental leads to ensure effective support that enables the continuous growth and success of the services and business operations. The Centre Manager will be required to demonstrate robust clinical leadership, managerial skills and operational direction, in order to provide a seamless package to all the service users and associated personnel.
Salary – Competitive
Working hours, 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the safe and effective delivery of care, meeting both the HCA protocols and procedures in ensuring all areas meet the current safety requirements of the Care Quality commission.
- Accept responsibility for the efficient use of resources. Ensuring that the designated departments are within management control and provide a consistently high quality of care within all budgets and resources in line with HCA Healthcare UK
- Act as a change agent for the development and implementation of change, working in line with the Centre’s overall objectives and priorities.
- Produce accurate, timely reports for the Department/Projects as required.
- Achieve the Centre’s departmental targets for productivity and utilization
- Continuing responsibility on a 24-hour basis for the effective management and progressive development of a high quality, and customer responsive service
- Liaise with Consultant medical staff and other clinicians in the provision of the service. Develop working relationships which act to enhance, recognize and respond to the services’ changing needs
- Be responsible for the development of key initiatives to maximize productivity i.e. workforce planning, National service frameworks and Guidelines
- Be responsible for ensuring best practice is adhered to at all times by all departments.
- Ensure all departmental leads formulate and monitor the annual clinical workforce plans, ensuring integration with the business planning cycle.
- Manage the departmental leads in offering guidance and support on financial, operational and professional issues, ensuring consistency throughout the Centre
- Maintain the responsibility of leads in the achievement of departmental hours per unit of service
- Ensure the departments are continuously cost effective, monitoring workload and utilizing appropriate skill mix
- Maximize revenue and to achieve the departments and Units’ business plan
- Active participation in the annual preparation of the departmental and unit’s budgets
- Management of resource’s and charging including, supplies, equipment, and recruitment.
- Employee and Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure all areas participate in the customer care group addressing sources of complaints and implementing and evaluating action plans.
- Maintain excellent levels of clinical education, ensuring a positive educational environment and teaching on a need by need basis
- Support the department’s Clinical teams in achieving the established goals in relation to the return and evaluation of the patient satisfaction and staff opinion surveys
Skills & Experience
- Managerial experience
- Substantial experience within a healthcare environment
- Private patient experience
- Demonstrate commitment to seamless and consistent high quality care and services
- Change Management experience
- Budget management experience
- Track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with all disciplines
- Strong commercial track record
- Clinical background (desirable but not essential)
About The Individual
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to liaise effectively within all levels of a business. You will have a strong commercial outlook with a patient-centered approach at all times.