Practice Development Lead
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
We are currently recruiting for a Practice Development Lead to work across both The Portland Hospital, Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, it is the only independent hospital in London and the UK entirely dedicated to women and children, and The Harley Street Clinic, which is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children.
The role of Practice Development Lead will encompass the development of the theatre team across the 9 Theatres at both sites.
You will be responsible for ensuring that each Theatres department has the correct skill mix in place and making sure that current and new members of staff are provided with the correct training, ensuring their mandatory training is correct and up to date, in order for them to develop their career within The Portland Hospital and The Harley Street Clinic.
As part of the role you will need to be confident in liaising with Senior Members of the departmental teams and working with the wider Practice Development Team across all HCA Healthcare UK facilities, to provide progress reports and updates.
The role itself is a full time position of 37.5 Hours per week, on a rotational shift pattern of earlies, lates and weekends.
The salary range for this role is: £45,754 - £50,330 with an additional 4% shift enhancement.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of all Theatre Staff across the two sites.
- Ensure that corporate/ local policies, clinical guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures are complied with by colleagues
- Assist with Clinical Audits and Inspections.
- Develop and promote evidence based practice.
- Assess Theatre staff learning needs and support them in maintaining and developing their competencies.
- Facilitate, design and/or deliver education programme/session according to staff’s educational needs
- Identify external courses relevant to the development of clinical staff and liaise with external education providers (e.g. healthcare company representatives) in order to arrange education/training sessions
- Support nursing students and post graduate colleagues undertaking education as required
Skills & Experience
- Registered RGN/ODP
- Theatre background essential
- AFPP Membership
- Mentorship course
- Excellent communication skills, across all levels of staff
- Experience in ODP Training/Recruitment would be desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.