Senior Staff Nurse - ITU
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
As the Senior Staff Nurse you will provide the highest possible care to patients, while being accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area. This will include the supervision of staff and will see you working in a supervisory capacity, expected to be a role model for the team thus enhancing the patient experience, improving patient outcomes and contributing to delivering high standards of care and compassion at all times.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £39,135 – £43,048 (include Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Working with junior staff and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner
- As shift leader monitor the care of a group of patients and takes the lead in emergency situations, and evaluation of post emergency care situations
- Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Neuro or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Mentorship / ENB998
- Critical Care Course (30 or 60 Credit) / ENB100
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.