Ward Sister/Charge Nurse General Surgery
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Sister/Charge Nurse in our General surgical ward
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join the General Surgical Team Adult providing effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Salary range for this role will be competitive depending on experience plus 9% shift allowance
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
- Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in surgical background
- Palliative and pain management skills qualification or evidence of experience
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Basic Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.