Bank Healthcare Assistant
Priory Hospital Market Weighton is a registered male independent hospital, supporting individuals with learning disabilities, behaviours that challenge and mental health issues. Situated in the attractive town of Market Weighton and within a short drive of York and Hull, the service is ideally located for safe, structured and gradual reintegration into the local community.
The purpose built hospital is an open service with a locked door policy and can accommodate up to 19 service users in four distinct areas, providing a care pathway to support them in their recovery and rehabilitation.
Our aim is to support service users through their care pathway towards their individual goals and is designed to promote autonomy, safety management and transparent collaborative care planning.
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
- Educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or GCSE's in Mathematics and English.
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality
- Basic IT literacy
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency