Emergency Department, Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Birtinya, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service. Remuneration value up to $140 297 p.a., comprising salary between $113 261 - $122 964 p.a., employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) (Nurse Grade 7) (Applications remain current for 12 months. Please note: only applications from candidates will be accepted; applications that may result in an agency fee will not be considered). JAR: SC307134.
Duties/Abilities: An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Nurse Manager experienced in trauma and triage, to join the team within our busy Emergency Department at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, a state of the art digital, tertiary facility providing emergency medicine and trauma care on the Sunshine Coast. Live, work and play on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. Join an expanding Health Service with a culture of innovation, education, training and research, with facilities across the Sunshine Coast including the new University Hospital at Birtinya.
Key Responsibilities include:
Assume responsibility and accountability for own actions and outcomes of practice, professional advice given and for activities delegated to other nurses and unregulated healthcare workers.
- Lead the achievement of positive patient outcomes by:
- Ensuring that the unit is adequately and appropriately resourced regarding material, financial and human resources.
- Participating directly or indirectly in the delivery of person centred nursing care.
- Taking accountability and responsibility for ensuring practice is evidence based and continually monitoring and evaluating nursing activity in the specialty area in relation to the service's performance indicators and relevant standards.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with the multidisciplinary team at unit, service and organisational levels.
Enquiries: Craig Allen (07) 5202 0945.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2019.