Priory Hospital Bristol offers calming and recovery focused inpaitent treatment for up to 86 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.
The role of the Paramedic is to work as an effective member of the Multi-Disciplinary team, to promote the best interests of the patients and carers and ensure that prescribed care is effectively implemented. The service requires an individual to have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a psychiatric intensive care unit, in line with the protocols and policies of the Priory Group.
The post holder must always work within the scope of professional practice and under the leadership of the nurse in charge. They will provide high quality care and minor injury treatment to patients with both primary care and acute mental health care needs in a CAHMS setting by playing an active part in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patients care.
The role requires the post holder to function autonomously and as part of a team always within the sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. The role requires the ability to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and/or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals/external agencies.
Knowledge and experience
• Paramedic with 2 years' post registration experience
• Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
• Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working within a team
• Able to work within challenging and complex situations
• Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
• Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rolling rota
What we offer:
- Bank and Permanent contracts.
• A competitive salary
• Enhanced paid overtime
• Free on-site parking
• Starting 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increased up to 30 days dependant on length of service)
• Birthday Holiday - (Yes an extra day's holiday for your birthday!)
• Onsite highly subsidised restaurants
• Online benefits and cashback rewards
• Comprehensive continued personal development training
• Cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced Disclosure check paid
• Employee referral schemeAbout us