Lead Sexual Health Nurse - RGN - Herefordshire
- Job Type
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered General Nurse (RGN) with relevant experience to join this specialist service as Lead Sexual Health Nurse. The service provides care to patients at clinics across Herefordshire including free and confidential sexual health services. The clinics offer services including counselling, screening and treatment for STIs, pregnancy testing, contraception advice and support and referral for termination of pregnancy.
This position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work with Senior Management Team to develop and mould the future of the service. You will be an excellent communicator with tuned project management skills and confidence and experience speaking to external stakeholders and presenting information. The ideal candidate will have a high level of business acumen accompanied by a wealth of knowledge surrounding the clinical aspects of the role. As Lead Nurse you will manage a team of 13 staff including nurses, healthcare assistants and admin staff and will form part of a specialist multidisciplinary team including doctors and consultants.
You will follow NMC guidelines to ensure that all care plans are completed and maintained collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team. As a Registered General Nurse (RGN) you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of all company policies and procedures. Your daily role will involve some travelling between sites, but all are within a close commutable distance within the local area.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse - Lead Sexual Health Nurse:
- Managing the overall delivery of sexual health and contraception clinical services both within the clinic and community settings
- Taking responsibility for ensuring high quality services within the clinical governance framework
- Providing professional leadership to all staff, working in collaboration with all members of the MDT
- Ensuring all staff in the community and acute sexual health services are equipped with necessary skills and training
- Supporting the delivery and achievement of KPIs related to the service
- Working in partnership with the clinical lead on development projects
Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RGN) must have:
- Registered Nurse qualified (RGN)
- MSc in relevant specialism
- Recent sexual health experience
- Leadership training
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Apply for Lead Sexual Health Nurse - RGN - Herefordshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly