Senior Staff Nurse | Critical Care (ICU)
6 days left
- Job Type
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse (Band 6) to join our Intensive Care Unit, based at The London Clinic’s main hospital in London (W1G 6BW).
Our Intensive Care Unit is a 13 bedded state-of-the-art facility with modern technology and equipment which provides you with the optimal working conditions to look after your patients. It is known for its single rooms with natural lightning and an extraordinary nursing staffing model. We cover most specialities, including, Colorectal, Gastrointestinal, Gynaecology, Hepatobiliary, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, Spinal, Urology & Vascular surgery
As a Senior Staff Nurse, you will demonstrate clinical expertise when managing critical care therapies i.e. Endotracheal tubes, Mechanical ventilation, invasive haemodynamic monitoring, inotropes, paralysing agents and sedation, and continuous renal replacement therapies.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position.
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Sunday).
- Shift: 8am - 8:30pm & 8pm - 8:30am (Long Days, Nights & Weekends)
- Salary: £40,000 - £48,945 (inclusive of London weighting & shift enhancements).
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, discounted gym membership, season ticket travel loan plus much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of high standard patient centred care, as well as promote safe practice by monitoring individualised care provided by the staff members.
- Make decisions about admission, discharge and appropriate placement of patients in liaison with patients’ Consultants, as well as closely liaise with the ICU Fellows, regarding care delivery & acute decision making.
- Act as mentor to new starters, permanent staff on developmental courses and students, teaching and assessing them as appropriate.
- Participation in Clinical Audit, and support senior colleagues, deputising for them in their absence.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team (both inter and intradepartmental & ensure accurate and comprehensive nursing records are maintained using appropriate documentation.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Recent experience as a Nurse within an Intensive Care setting.
- Intensive Care & Mentorship Course, with Intermediate Life Support Certificate.
- Ongoing experience of supervising and mentoring new starters/students.
- Experience in policy development and implementation, as well as knowledge of Clinical Audits.
- Sound theoretical knowledge base for acute nursing, including mechanical ventilation, renal replacement therapies and advanced haemodynamic monitoring.
- Positive role model who can demonstrate high standards of clinical practice, with effective communication skills, and a robust approach to problem solving.
The London Clinic was established in 1932 and is one of the largest independently owned non-profit hospitals in the UK. We have approx. 1200 employees and 8 premises located in the heart of London’s medical community (Harley Street). Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, as well as an endoscopy & radiology unit. Other sites include; The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (award winning Cancer Centre), The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
The London Clinic has an excellent Clinical Training and Practice Development department and strongly supports continuing professional development and education. This includes a robust supernumerary period, and you will then be added to a development programme where you will complete your Advance Life Support certification, your induction to Outreach and Shift Management competencies.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Apply for Senior Staff Nurse | Critical Care (ICU)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly