Medical Ward Manager
5 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialities.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 125 registered beds, including 90 inpatients, 15 day case, 8 Endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The Medical Ward Manager will be highly visible and available to patients and consultants thereby promoting confidence in our services. They will maintain a high profile within the Medical Department and maintain standards for clinical practice and ensure teams have the skills to deliver the needs of the outpatient services in a safe, efficient and effective way. The Medical Clinical Nurse Manager will promote and enhance world class patient focused care by assessing areas of risk in relation to patient safety and implementing initiatives to improve patient experience.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
Attractive and competitive salary which will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and lead projects in clinical practice development exploring appropriate models to support best clinical practice.
- Keep up to date with current knowledge and advances in clinical practice and maintain practice that is evidence based.
- Be responsible for own continuous professional development in line with the NMC Registration.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of Clinical Governance and apply to working environment
- Accountable for own actions and carry out duties as may be required and are consistent with the responsibilities of the role.
- Provide leadership and support to Clinical Nurse Specialists, to the clinical teams and to act as a role model.
- Ensure infection control and prevention policies are adhered to and to work closely with the Infection control and Prevention Nurse.
- Promote clinical governance and service improvements following the analysis of complaints, adverse events and other drivers for change
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Mentoring and Assessment Course/ENB 998 equivalent
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrable success in leading and delivering practice in an Outpatient setting.
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems and implement practical solutions
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Be conversant with policies regarding IT, Health and Safety, COSSH, Fire Safety and all mandatory training and keep up to date with current procedures, trends and legislation.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.