Senior Staff Nurse - Paediatric Oncology/Cardiac
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
Working within our inpatients paediatric wards will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Children’s Hospital brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-class paediatric consultants specialising in cardiac, cancer and neurosciences.
With ongoing funding, our paediatric hospitals continue to stay at the forefront of ground-breaking medical and surgical techniques and technology in the UK. Working here, you’ll receive specialist training in working with children and their families in order to provide them with support every step of the way.
As a Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse working within our cardiac/Oncology ward, you will provide clinical leadership and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families. You will be undertaking delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse and working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £35,673 - £40,401 + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse
- Co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
- Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses, and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training.
- Ensure that tailored care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child/RSCN) with immediate paediatric life support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.