Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
We are currently recruiting for an Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist
The Clinical Nurse Specialist provides clinical expertise to the departmental team. The Scope of this role is broad, working with consultants to set up protocols, seeing patients for pre-assessment , in patient and follow up outpatients , working independently and as a team member teaching staff about orthopaedic procedures. They will be a highly visible role model to all nurses within the team.
Hours: 37.5 per week working Mon-Fri (some flexibility required)
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- They are responsible and accountable for own practice within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service to all stakeholders.
- They are responsible for identifying areas of their service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience
- Achieve the highest possible standard of nursing care which balances customer satisfaction with the most efficient use of resources
- Work independently to support the patients, Consultants, nursing teams and Allied Health Professionals within their defined scope of practice
- An educational resource to both patients and their families/carers and all clinical staff
- Proactively promote their service within The Lister Hospital and HCA, participating in relevant forums
- Liaise in a professional manner with internal and external customers
- Responsive and sensitive to patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements
Skills & Experience
- NMC registered Nurse
- Orthopaedic degree level course desirable
- Experience post registration experience, of which some within the relevant clinical speciality
- Post basic qualification in clinical specialty relevant to practice area
- Tissue viability experience
- Experience in Trauma and /or Orthopaedics
- Experience as a CNS(or equivalent)
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.