Regional Head - South of England / Midlands & East of England
We are offering 2 exciting opportunities to join Team RCM:
Role 1: Regional Head, South of England
Role 2: Regional Head, Midlands & East of England
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week; Permanent
Location: Home Based / Office Based, including travel throughout the region and to London RCM HQ
Salary: Starting at £50,414 per year and rising each year
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwifery.
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Representing the interests of midwives across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
As a Regional Head, South or Regional Head, Midlands & East you will:
- Be a midwife with live NMC registration
- Lead a multidisciplinary team providing the best local services to our members across the region and part of a team of Regional Heads in England
- Be a visible and lead representative of the RCM as the voice of the RCM in your region
- Ensure that policy formulation & development is applicable and relevant to the region
Effective Team RCM Leader - Represent our members effectively - Coordinate active organising & engagement - The professional voice of our members
You will help us to Be the Best We Can Be through:
- Your understanding of the NHS in England and developments in health policy
- Your negotiating, lobbying and influencing skills
- Your experience in collaborative working and managing high performing remote teams
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and get in touch.
Your RCM Reward Package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- A relocation allowance where applicable
- A 2019 Health and Wellbeing Allowance
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- A loan to support car purchase
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
To apply, please view the job descriptions, complete the attached application form, and send to HR@rcm.org.uk.
Closing Date: Sunday 7 April 2019
Interview & Assessment Date in London: Tuesday 16 April 2019
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview