Lead Recovery Theatre Practitioner
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit.
As the Lead Recovery Theatre Practitioner you will be responsible for responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical care to patients following surgical procedures. You will also be responsible for the total nursing care of individual patients within the recovery area and ensure recovery criteria is adhered to before discharging patients.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all staff check and prepare equipment prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Manager after completing the WEB TMA.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- To ensure safety for patients and colleagues.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with Consultants and other health professionals and to ensure that prescribed treatment is carried out.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
Skills & Experience
- RGN or ODP
- Competent airway management
- Effective communication
- Good clinical judgement
- Previous experience in recovery at Lead Practitioner Level
- Ability to implement efficiency practices
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.