Senior Staff Nurse Orthopaedic, Spinal & NeuroSurgery
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Staff Nurse in our Orthopaedic, Spinal & Neurosurgery ward
The Ortho/Spinal nursing ward is located in The Wellington South building, and is a 21 bedded unit specialising in Ortho, Spinal and Neuro patients.
As the Senior Staff Nurse you will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Orthopaedic Unit. You will work effectively within the team, supervising, coaching and developing junior staff and deputising for the Senior Nursing team when necessary, as well as being confident working independently. You will promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Orthopaedic Department.
Hours: 37.5hrs pw (covering long days, nights and weekends)
Salary: £36,000-£42,000 (dependent on experience) Plus 9% enhancement and HCA Benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times
- Supervise and direct junior team members, deputizing for senior staff in their absence
- Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives and assisting with coaching and development of the team
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- Promote a learning environment at all times
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Mentorship & preceptorship experience, and a desire to work towards an ENB 998 certificate
- Successfully completed or willing to work towards an orthopaedic course
- Strong registration experience within an orthopaedic/Spinal or surgical setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.