Outpatient Staff Nurse
Outpatient Staff Nurse
Basinghall, Central London.
Full time, 40 hours. Monday to Friday.
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We have a network of Health Clinics across the UK that provides a range of private health services. The London centre we are recruiting for provides services including Dermatology, Musculoskeletal and Cardiology amongst others. Our services and treatments are available to everyone – not just those with health insurance.
What you'll be doing
You'll be assisting with Musculosekeletal and dermatology procedures and minor surgeries. You'll manage your own caseload of patients and work autonomously within your niche area.
- Set up and assist in theatre during minor procedures
- Carry out pre and post operative assessments on patients
- Provide wound care and remove sutures
- Assist Dermatologist in patch testing clinic – full training will be given
- Track clinical results
- Maintain optimum levels of stock
- Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient needs
- Be able to engage successfully with patients, corporate customers and other healthcare professionals.
Who we’re looking for
- Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number
- Experience within Outpatients, Health Clinics or Hospital environment
- Phlebotomy trained desirable
- Excellent team player
- Good customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Desire to go above and beyond in your job role
- Commitment to your own professional development
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
- NMC fees paid after one year in the business
- CPD support: In house training courses, CPD evenings, support with external courses
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- Journal access
- Florence Nightingale Scholarship
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme, based upon company performance
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free health assessment every 2 years
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.