Senior 1 Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
Our Paediatric wards hold 56 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Neurorehabilitation Unit and a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity and complex nature of the children who are admitted to our hospital. The Portland Hospital has a large number of international Paediatric patients, often funded by relevant embassies.
The role involves providing highly specialist occupational therapy assessment and interventions to your own caseload of children with highly complex needs, and the support of more junior occupational therapy staff within the department. To be able to work jointly with a range of specialist disciplines within the Multidisciplinary team & Embassy liaison services. Therefore an excellent standard of clinical, team working and communication skills are required.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary between £36,767 - £41,000
Working hours 37.5 per week - Monday - Friday (8:45 - 17:00)
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that a professional, high quality and highly specialist/ advanced occupational therapy service is delivered to the children and their families within our inpatient and outpatient service across three sites.
- To act as a resource for staff with regards to Paediatric occupational therapy and work with the Occupational Therapy Lead to develop the service, Supervise, teach and appraise staff, undertake complex and specialist assessments & interventions alongside the MDT.
- Works as an advanced autonomous practitioner. Assess, sets goals, provides treatment and progresses own patient caseload which, contains patients with complex and specialist needs
- To promote OT to all stakeholders.
- To undertake ongoing CPD and audit, contribute to development of specialist services and relevant policies helping implement policy changes and monitoring standards of clinical practice & additional tasks as required and considered pertinent to the role.
Skills & Experience
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent)
- Current registered member of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Knowledge and application of paediatric OT assessments and interventions relevant to a paediatric client group.
- Maintenance of up to date knowledge regarding developments in the field of paediatrics as pertaining to your field of work
- Ability to work autonomously and set own priorities
- Ability to analyse professional and ethical issues
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise one’s own performance and that of others.
- Awareness of legislation and health and safety issues
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency in English verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!