Staff Nurse General Surgery
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse in our General surgical ward
The post holder will be responsible and accountable to assess, plan, deliver and implement high quality care within the General surgery ward settings as well as providing management and leadership to all staff in the absence of senior staff.
The position of Staff Nurse within the surgical team at The Wellington Hospital will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Team. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Surgical Team.
- Hours: 37.5hrs p/w working a combination of Long Days, Nights and Weekends
- Salary: £31,972 - £35,169 (dependent on experience) plus 9% enhancement and HCA Benefits
- Closing date: 06/03/2019
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience
- Proven surgical experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Phlebotomy training desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.