Staff Nurse - RMN - Low Secure Deafness Unit
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Nurse (RMN) with significant post registration experience to join this specialist service providing support to deaf patients with mental health diagnoses. My client is part of a national healthcare group providing specialist mental health care to patients across the country. The hospital itself provides bespoke programmes of care to men aged 18 and above presenting with both deafness and mental health challenges.
The benefits of this Registered Nurse (RMN) role include:
- Generous salary package
- Relevant training and development
- Support through Revalidation
You will have experience working in a similar role or in a hospital or rehabilitation unit. British Sign Language is the first language at the service, so the ideal candidate must be competent and skilled in BSL. As Registered Nurse, you will be delivering specialist care for adults with mental health needs on their pathway towards living independently. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing expert care to those with complex mental health needs and behavioural issues including challenging behaviour. Due to the nature of the service you will be confident in utilising de-escalation techniques.
As a Registered Nurse (RMN), you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983. In your role, you will be assessing, planning and supporting the provision specialist recovery-based treatment to those with enduring mental health diagnoses.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse - RMN:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Coordinating and providing a range of therapeutic activities and monitoring their effectiveness
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RMN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK