Staff Nurse - Neurology
Cromwell Hospital London
£31,011 - £34,298 per annum
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will take responsibility for providing generalist nursing services to Bupa customers in a caring and respectful manner while preserving their dignity. You would make sure there is complete adherence to clinical compliance and regulatory/governance requirements in your own area. In addition to this you would support business development through giving customers a positive experience and great clinical care (especially applicable to Cromwell), support initiatives to improve service for customers. You would also provide informal advice and support to the team to drive a performance culture.
What’s a typical day?
You will act as a Link Nurse in a designated area reporting to and from meetings/training updates. You would be competent to undertake the role and have the courage to speak up and commintment to be a patient advocate.Monitoring and managing the nursing allocation for your team would take part of the role as well. You would parcipate in clinical audit as required by the Sister/Charge Nurse as well as ensure adequate stock leves to allow care to be provided. In addition to this you will help foster a supportive working environment and maintenance of staff morale through mutual regard and respect recognising and valuing contributions from individuals within the ward team. Maintaining positive working relationships with all Consultants, ensuring individual Consultant protocols are utilised would also form part of the role.
Who we’re looking for?
- First level registration.
- Must have a current ILS certificate or be prepared to undertake the course within the first 3 months
- Appropriate experience in a Staff Nurse role
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Venepuncture competent
- Knowled Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.