Chief Nursing Officer
HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
As Chief Nursing Officer, you will functions at a Senior Management Level to provide effective leadership and to coordinate clinical leaders to deliver patient care, treatment and services. Your role will
Your role will ensure compliance with patient care quality standards and assist in formulating the clinical budget while ensuring the delivery of continuous improvement in patient care and minimising risk and harm to patients through strategic vision, defined professional and healthcare standards and robust systems of quality assurance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will provide highly visible nursing leadership to a multidisciplinary team and to set the standards for patient care consistent with HCA Healthcare values and ethics.
- You will have quality at the heart of your work - developing quality initiatives and establishing monitoring systems to ensure we deliver our vision of ‘Together we consistently deliver exceptional care’ and also ensure we meet statutory and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate the development of an effective, ongoing program to measure, analyse, and improve the quality of patient care, treatment, and services.
- Be a champion for nurse training and education to support the needs of patients and to create an environment in which our teams thrive and feel rewarded and recognised.
- Work with our teams, including our clinicians, to develop and deliver new and innovative pathways and services to ensure we remain an unrivaled leader in the private care.
- Participate in corporate level meetings and collaborate across HCA as an organisation.
- Keep current with changes in healthcare to enable evidence based professional practices. As part of the leadership team you will play an active role in formulating the budget and maintaining efficient and effective departmental operations while ensuring the Hospital meeting compliance with all external regulatory bodies and UK and international accreditation bodies.
- You will influence and affect change at senior management, group and clinical service development levels within the organisation ensuring that national and local requirements are delivered in a timely manner and to the highest agreed quality standards.
Skills & Experience
- Valid NMC Registration
- Significant experience in a clinical nurse management role.
- Significant experience in the implementation of change management programmes
- Experience of forging relationships with diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of delivering significant improvements in the patient experience
- Demonstrate significant experience in situational leadership, human resource management and people development
- Strong team working skills and able to work as part of a team, in a collegiate manner
About The Individual