Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RLDN)
We're looking for Registered Nurses to join our team at The Shires, a small, friendly and well-established CQC-registered care home with nursing. We’re open to applications from nurses with Adults (RGN), Mental Health (RMN) or Learning Disability (RLDN) registration, can offer part-time or full-time hours, and we're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements and split shifts.
You’ll be helping to create an environment suitable for the care, support and management of working-age adults with acute mental health problems. You’ll also act as a named nurse for a small group of residents and maintain personal development plans, support plans, risk assessments and records.
We're a close-knit team, working together to provide a home to 11 residents in the idyllic setting of The Shires on the outskirts of Hereford. Working here can be challenging, rewarding and also immense fun!
Once you’ve completed your probationary period, you’ll also be included in the Herefordshire Mind on-call rota - we offer a flat rate for every 24 hours on call, plus additional payment for call-outs. We can offer you a comprehensive induction programme and a working environment which values and recognises your contributions.
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience of working with working-age adults with acute mental health problems
- A professional approach and awareness of maintaining boundaries
- Confidence in their communication skills
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Good IT skills (experience of using Office 365 would be an advantage)
- The ability to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- A commitment to effective teamwork and service development
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check