Sister - Charge Nurse
BMI Edgbaston & Priory Hospitals in Birmingham are part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The Priory Hospital has provided independent and NHS care to the West Midlands for over 35 years. In June this year we made the decision to amalgamate with our sister BMI Hospital Edgbaston. We are looking to build our cross site Birmingham team with dedicated and caring individuals priding themselves on delivering the best in care. With nine theatres, 100 inpatient beds and an Outpatient department seeing over 250 patients per day we are a busy acute hospital with our own ITU department treating a range of complex surgery needs.
The successful applicant must be driven and hard-working with a team working mentality. You will be required to take charge of a team, complete performance reviews and must have a keenness to develop and support the staff around them. You will also take charge of the hospital as part of your shift pattern. BMI offers a wide range of training courses suited to developing your management skills. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled nurse, with the option to develop skills within other areas of the hospital including ITU.
We have an opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to lead a nursing team, showing previous experience in leading a clinical team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals.
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for day to day management of the Hospital Ward, and its staff.
- Providing clinical leadership in an effective and efficient management of ward resources, driving clinical excellence in all aspect of care received by patients.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- Responsible for leading and supporting the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a salary of up to £34,000 depending on experience and qualifications. BMI Healthcare also offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Charlotte Keates Associate Director of Clinical Services for BMI Birmingham, Priory and Edgbaston Hospitals at firstname.lastname@example.org