Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Meriden Hospital in Coventry has a vacancy for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
- Previous experience in a similar role is required.
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- To work as an integral part of the Endoscopy and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of an Endoscopy Nurse within the scope of your working areas.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care.
- To develop and enhance the own skills and knowledge.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
- To prove safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopes.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.