Head of Operating Department – Theatres
7 days left
Head of Department - Theatres
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
- To strategically plan the delivery of patient safe clinical care provision of the Theatre service, in line with business needs and responsible for day to day organisation and management of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all theatre staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital.
- The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of the Theatre Team, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective theatre service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of financial targets relating to Key Performance Indicators ( KPI’s )
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees, consultants and visitors.
- Acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
- To maintain a quality framework of good governance in keeping with the overall quality improvement plan of the business.
What we are looking for
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially.
- Experienced in acute healthcare and desirable private healthcare.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC/HPC Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
- Commercial, financial and / or budgetary experience.
We have lots of fantastic benefits to offer:
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free annual health assessment
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Paid career breaks