Staff Nurse - Day Surgery Unit (D Grade)
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a D Grade Staff Nurse to join our Day Surgery Unit, located on the 3rd floor of our main hospital at The London Clinic in London (W1G 6BW).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres. Other premises include, The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre), The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
Our Day Surgery Unit comprises 13 day case pods, and admits general surgical patients of all specialties. The new unit has been designed to improve the experience for patients and consultants.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent (37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday)
- Shifts: Services runs from 7am to 9pm (Rotation - Long days, Early & Lates).
- Salary: £30,462 - £32,913
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket travel loan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing & evaluating programmes of care for patients across the Day Surgery Ward and ENT clinic located in our Outpatients centre.
- Encourage good working relationship within the multidisciplinary team, to ensure the effective care and treatment of patients.
- Maintain an awareness of evidence based practice and contribute to research and development programmes within the unit.
- Contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer care’.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records & promote safe practice and professional conduct.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience working in an acute surgical ward or day surgery ward environment.
- Proficient in venepuncture, cannulation and performing ECG’s.
- Proactive, flexible and highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and show a commitment to research based practice.
The London Clinic has an excellent Clinical Training and Practice Development department, and strongly supports continuing professional development and education.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Apply for Staff Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly