Theatre Practitioner - Scrub (Bank)
1 day left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s South Cheshire Private Hospital in Crewe has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Qualified nurse or ODP - mentorship preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BMI Competencies
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Clinical output within the perioperative environment.
- Provision of support and assistance to the Theatre Manager, Recovery Lead and Endoscopy Lead Practitioners.
- To maintain professional standards in keeping with appropriate code of conduct.
- Maintain stock control.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- To act as a clinical resource maintaining one’s knowledge of both clinical and professional developments.
- To follow scrub operational policies in keeping with legislation and the activities of the department.
- Participate in audit.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge base and skills set.
- Act as Scrubbed Practitioner for all specialties
- Act as Circulating Practitioner for all specialties
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.