Lead Nurse critical care
- Job Type
Job Description Summary
Lead Nurse – Critical Care
Cromwell Hospital London
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations is dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients.
A Huge investment is currently being put into our Adult Intensive Care Unit as we undertake a new build due for completion November 2019.
We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
In this exicitng role, you will act as an influential role and recognised as being critical to the delivery of Bupa Cromwell Hospital’s Strategy. You would be a team player who treats all colleagues with equal respect, is inclusive and democratic but also prepared to manage staff, at varying levels, to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective services.
As a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for advancing change in four main areas of impact – quality, patient experience, finance and efficiency, leadership and skills development.
What’s a typical day?
You will work with the ward department, sisters/charge nurses and clinical nurse specialists in assessing the clinical skills required to deliver a safe and quality service, identify deficits and develop programmes to address the issues. You would investigate accidents and incidents and identify and implement corrective action, in conjunction with the Senior nursing team Director of Nursing and Deputy Director of Nursing.
In addition to this you would participate in the audit process to improve patient care delivery and develop tools to improve the quality of the service. Establisihing a culture within the ward that ensures consistent compliance with internal policy and external regulatory standards, through monitoring and driving improvements on clinical indicators for nursing would form part of the role as well. You would work the Director of Nursing to build a pipeline of talent that will sustain the performance of nursing services in the future.
Who we’re looking for?
• Registered nurse.
• Evidence of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice.
• Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
• Knowledge of the Care Quality Commission Requirements.
• Strong peoples manager in leading a team at all levels,
• Knowledge of Human Resources policies, processes and tools including interviewing, performance coaching and conducting performance reviews.
• Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
• CPD calendar and webinars
• Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
• BMJ and Open Athens journal access
• Clinical Leadership development programmes
• Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
• Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
• NMC fees paid after 12 months service
• Practical support with the revalidation process
• Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
• Bupa Health insurance
• 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
• Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
• Annual bonus scheme
• Annual pay review
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com