Oncology Ward Staff Nurse
Oncology Ward Staff Nurse
£2000 Golden Handshake
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We have a network of Dental Clinics across the UK that provide a range of dental services both privately and via the NHS, giving our patients real flexibility and freedom of choice. Our focus on the future means we look to invest into developing our dental business further which includes giving our people access to the latest digital technology.
What you'll be doing
You will focus on ensuring the provision of high quality evidence-based nursing care in a clinical setting and you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the care the team delivers.
What’s a typical day?
You will provide high quality physical and psychological care with compassion . You will need to be competent to undertake the role and confidently and safely communicate patients care needs. You will also need to have the courage to speak up and commitment to be a patient advocate. You will participate in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst demonstrating a culture of customer service and manage care of allocated patients. You will demonstrate professional awareness and accountability and maintain requirements to ensure success in the Revalidation process. Additionally, you will act as a Link Nurse in a designated area reporting to and from meetings / training updates and recognise the needs for DOL’s assessments, mental capacity assessment and ‘simple’ and ‘complex’ safeguarding referrals and highlight any concerns.
Who we’re looking for?
- First level registration.
- Must have a current ILS certificate or be prepared to undertake the course within the first 3 months
- Appropriate experience in a Staff Nurse role
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience in risk assessment.
- Venepuncture competent
- Wound care competent
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Appropriate knowledge of NMC revalidation process.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
- Computer literate
- Honest, open-minded, treats colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Highly energetic, proactive and motivated to deliver high standards of nursing care.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.