Senior 1 Occupational Therapist (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford has a vacancy for a Senior 1 Occupational Therapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- State Registered Occupational Therapist.
- Member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy (RCOT).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of RCOT and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- State Registered Occupational Therapist with vast postgraduate general Occupational Therapy experience and relevant experience in a more specialist area.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good team player.
- Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Attention to detail – ensure accurate recording of data
- Results driven, possessing
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing occupational therapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- To provide clinical direction for other occupational therapy staff within the team.
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To manage a clinical caseload, to the highest standard in every aspect including assessment, treatment and documentation.
- To recognise, support and develop excellence in MDT working across all relevant hospital departments at both this and other BMI sites.
- To work as part of the dynamic physiotherapy team supporting and developing both team members and the service.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy audit compliance.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.