Fertility Nurse Practitioner
7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital, near Orpington and Bromley, is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With over 60 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you, as an employee, great future career opportunities all over the country.
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital is a well-equipped hospital providing healthcare across a number of specialities. The hospital has a wide range of outpatient services, 3 operating theatres, imaging facilities, and a leading Assisted Conception Unit. These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of investigations and operations. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery. The hospital is located within beautiful grounds and has excellent traffic links being just 5 minutes off the M25 and provides free parking.
Due to a growth in workload at the Assisted Conception Unit, we would like to invite the right candidates to join our team. We have a rare opportunity for a Fertility Nurse to join our team - we are happy to consider applicants looking for part time / job share for this role. The team has a wide array of skills and we encourage team members to be positive, dynamic and enhance the composition of the team, as a whole. Patient focused care is the cornerstone of good fertility care and it’s what we practice day in day out. Fertility is a highly regulated speciality and we require the candidates to have a very good working knowledge of the HFEA Code of Practice.
We are a hardworking, positive and encouraging Unit – we seek new Team members, to enhance our current Team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of HFEA Code of Practice and documentation.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies Registered general l nurse level 1
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience working within a private healthcare environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure standards of patient care are consistently maintained in accordance with agreed operational policies. Promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients and visitors to the Hospital.
- To offer expert and informed advise to patients for all infertility treatments.
- Ensure patient notes are recorded accurately after initial consultation with the Medical Director.
- Ensure correct charges are entered on PeopleSoft.
- Signing off invoices and workflow on PeopleSoft.
- Bill and charge patients for all surgical an outpatient procedures
- Complete Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority data forms.
- Maintain correct drug stock and order appropriate drugs for patients when required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.