BMI Lincoln Hospital in the heart of Lincoln and is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare. The hospital has 18 in-patient beds and our theatre complex has 2 busy theatres. Although orthopaedic surgery is a focus we undertake a wide range of surgical specialities and endoscopic procedures. The theatres undertake in-patient and day case surgery and work very closely with the rest of the hospital to make sure our patients have a great patient experience.
The hospital has a Good CQC rating and in addition to other benefits staff have free on-site parking.
Our theatre team is well established but we have the opportunity for new Theatre Practitioners to join us. Experience in any of the major disciplines (Scrub, Anaesthetics and Recovery) is highly desirable but full induction training and competency development will be given to successful candidates.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Mentorship qualification preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills is essential
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Minimum 1 year post registration theatre experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Lincoln offers a very competitive salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus Public Holidays)
Please contact Phil Cushen on 01522 574731 if you would like to chat about joining the theatre team or to arrange a visit to our department.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.