Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics / Recovery
7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood close to Rickmansworth is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
The BMI Bishops Wood Hospital is a mid-sized and busy acute care hospital that prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides. The Hospital has 42 beds, three theatres including Endoscopy, Physiotherapy Services, Diagnostic Imaging and Consulting Rooms, procedures range from routine investigations to complex surgery. Whilst the hospital also houses a leading oncology ward that was refurbished in 2015. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
We are currently looking to recruit Theatre Practitioners for the Theatre Department so we are looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients to join the team.
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.