BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Park Hospital in Nottingham has a vacancy for a Phlebotomist to join their team of staff in the Pathology department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Able to work with numbers for billing and revenue capture purposes.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to handle clinical material in a safe manner.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience in a clinical environment.
- Previous Phlebotomy skills and experience.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Healthcare Assistant with phlebotomy experience required for this role.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an effective and efficient Phlebotomy services to all areas of the hospital in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the clinical team.
- To maintain efficient processes and perform tasks associated with specimen collection and handling, to handover to laboratory staff and provide advice on such to the wider hospital.
- Adequate checking of specimens, ensuring correct packaging and dispatch of specimens.
- Act as a key user for IMS Maxims / other electronic Pathology Order Communication System where in use; ensure correct data entry into IMS Maxims / other ordering system when placing requests with receiving laboratory, where in use.
- Appropriate and relevant use of patient management and scheduling systems.
- Receipt and distribution of results to wards, departments and consultants.
- Where relevant entering charges onto hospital system and ensuring that all pathology revenue is captured where relevant.
- Stock management, ensuring relevant materials are adequately maintained.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.