Clinical Services Manager - Wards
BMI Saxon Clinic Hospital in Milton Keynes is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Ward department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experience in a similar position with evidence of exposure to management theories.
- Previous experience is essential in either a similar role or senior management position.
- Track record of multidisciplinary clinical expertise.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the clinical services, responsible for day to day organisation and management of clinical departments. Providing clear direction and leadership to all clinical staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital. Taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Responsible for the deployment, supervision and teaching of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership. The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of all clinical staff, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards as required for nursing services in an acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Frequent one to one reviews of key post holders with associated action plans.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a maximum salary of up to £45,000 per annum alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.