Registered Nurse - Orthopaedics
E Grade Staff Nurse - Orthopaedics & Spinal Unit (Band 5/6 Equivalent)
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse (Band 5/6) to join our Orthopaedics & Spinal Unit at The London Clinic. This role will be based at our main hospital in London (W1G 6BW).
The London Clinic was established in 1932 and is situated in the heart of London’s medical community, we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. We have a number of premises, including our main hospital which spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds, 10 theatres, an endoscopy unit, radiology unit and a 13-bed Intensive Care Unit. Other sites include; The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (award winning Cancer Centre), The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
Our Orthopaedics & Spinal Unit is located on 6th floor of the main building, conveniently adjacent to the physiotherapy and hydrotherapy department. The ward has 20 beds and our specialist team’s work together to provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of Orthopaedics & Spinal conditions.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
- Hours/Shift: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Nights & Weekends). Shifts are 7:45am to 8:15pm & 8pm - 8am
- Salary: £37,795 - £42,342 (inclusive of London Weighting & Shift allowance).
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket travel loan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for individualised patient care of the highest standard.
- Promote safe practice and professional conduct.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, to ensure the effective care and treatment of patients.
- Promote research based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit where appropriate.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records and regularly participate in department meetings to enhance team communication.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience working in general surgery nursing settings.
- Orthopaedics and/or Spinal medical experience would be desirable but not essential, as open to general nurses looking to specialise.
- Successful individuals will need to be motivated, dynamic and innovative, while possessing strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Forward thinking and focused on a research-based practice, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in order to meet the demands of the department.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.