Mental Health Nurse
Mental Health Nurse Advisor
Salford Quays, Manchester
Up to £36k Depending on experience
Full time, 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise.
We provide a range of phone-based services to give customers access to specialist support teams. These include our 24/7 Anytime Health Line, Physio line and also a dedicated assistance line for our employees.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the mental health advising team to enhance the customer experience of managing their presenting mental health.
- Liaising directly with Bupa customers to assess presenting symptoms and current circumstances in order to deliver clinical support, guidance and information to customers to empower and enable individuals to make the best, most appropriate and well informed decisions about their healthcare treatment pathway.
- You will also be a point of contact/escalation for any advice /guidance in relation to mental health for non-clinical colleagues
- Managing crisis calls received into business in conjunction with UK Insurance policy and process
- Managing Safeguarding concerns from across the business
- Developing your continued Professional practice.
What’s a typical day?
- You’ll provide case management for our members requiring mental health support as well as undertake direct assessment’s and deliver immediate help to manage presenting symptoms.
- You will receive and manage calls transferred by the mental health advising team to manage the clinical pathway.
- You will assess in patient/day care applications to determine the clinical eligibility.
- Liaising with GP’s, consultants and other healthcare providers to determine appropriateness of care and treatment pathway is a central aspect of the role.
- Understand and recognise safeguarding, risks, crisis and act in a timely manner to ensure the best outcome for the customer in accordance with relevant legislation, Bupa Safeguarding people policy and bupa processess accordingly.
Who we’re looking for?
We are looking for driven and ambitious Mental Health Nurses who are eager to develop their career with Bupa and continue their professional development in a supportive environment as part of a dedicated team.
- Qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- Strong acute and varied mental health Exp
- NMC Registration
- Experience within childrens / adolescent mental health would be advantageous, but not essential.
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Our Salford Quays office is a brand new purpose-built facility which has been specially designed for modern, flexible ways of working. For non-drivers, it’s easily accessible by tram from central Manchester.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held atacademic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.