Senior Registered Nurse
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
BMI Healthcare is proudly Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. BMI invests significantly in your development. These factors, along with a friendly, family orientated atmosphere make our organisation an attractive proposition for any nurse looking to develop their career.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
The BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is a friendly family focused hospital and we are looking for someone who is interested in joining us to develop their career within our supportive environment on the ward. We are an extremely busy hospital with immediate links to St Peter's Hospital which gives us the opportunity to support more complex surgery than many other private healthcare providers. Our Consultants work across both sites so enjoy the private sector on their doorstep.
Within Runnymede Hospital we have three theatres and four bay Recovery unit, an extremely busy Outpatient Department with a dynamic team working there. Our Imaging Department is having a facelift this year bringing us an up to date radiological suite. We have a small but dynamic Physiotherapy Department staffed by Chartered State Registered Physiotherapists who supports our patients on the Ward promoting the best possible recovery.
We have free parking on site for staff. A Restaurant with an amazing chef who will provide specific meals for patients to help them on their journey of recovery.
The type of patient you will get the opportunity to work with covers; General Surgical, Complex Colorectal and Gynaecology procedures, Orthopaedic procedures, Bariatric procedures, Ophthalmology, Endoscopy, ENT, as well as Cosmetic Surgery.
Our Commitment is to Quality and Value. Our last CQC visit gave us a Good CQC rating.
ABOUT OUR AREA
Runnymede, in Surrey, is a beautiful part of the world. There are excellent transport links to the whole of the south east of England. The Runnymede Hospital has excellent transport links to local towns; Addlestone, Chertsey, Woodham, Weybridge and West Byfleet.
Runnymede is ideally located alongside the River Thames in Surrey, and just over 20 miles west of central London. It is notable for its association with the sealing of the Magna Carta.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have the exciting opportunity to welcome a skilled Senior Registered Nurse to join our team, to help us develop our staff in our busy Surgical Department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours per week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern which may include weekends, mornings, late shifts and long days. However we do strive to roster fairly to ensure a healthy work life balance.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies
- Significant Surgical Bariatric Experience
- Diploma in High Dependency Unit would be beneficial
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Ability to manage a nursing team, when needed.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Good team worker
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to £30,000pa for this vacancy and offers access to a