Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
- Job Type
Theatre Manager - Negotiable Salary.
Why join BMI Three Shires Hospital?
BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is located in the picturesque grounds of the St Andrews Hospital, with easily accessible transport links as well as free parking - the Hospital is a truly welcoming place to work. We are proud to have been rated Good by the CQC - 'providers of the highest levels of patient satisfaction and outcome' we pride ourselves on the exceptional patient experience we offer. The hospital has 3 Theatres, 1 Minor Ops Theatre, and 1 JAG accredited Endoscopy unit. The hospital is registered for 53 beds, and offers a range of surgical interventions from major orthopaedics and spinal surgery through to minor operations for both adult and children and young persons.
Come and join us on our on-going journey, be a part of a team where people matter.
Being a part of BMI Healthcare, means that you work for an organisation who are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of 58 hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Being a part of BMI means that whatever your role - you can expect variety, challenges, job satisfaction and a professional team who will always support you. Being part of such a large network also means that scope for progression and development is at your fingertips, with all our training conducted in-house with BMI Academy.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious and inspiring Theatre Manager to join our dynamic theatre team. We are close knit team and you will find a real family atmosphere where we work together and support one another to grow and develop.
The role on offer is a full time post and there is a flexible shift pattern in place. Working closely with the Director of Clinical Services you will manage a team of trained professionals to maintain the service we pride ourselves on.
The ideal applicant should meet the following criteria: - the ideal candidate will have worked as a Theatre Manager or an equivalent role, however we are happy to hear from candidates who are looking for their next step on the career ladder.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially.
- Experienced in acute healthcare and desirable private healthcare.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC/HPC Code of Accountability
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Mentorship Qualification.
- ILM3 - desirable
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
The duties of the role include:
- To strategically plan the delivery of patient safe clinical care provision of the Theatre service, in line with business needs and responsible for day to day organisation and management of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all theatre staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital.
- The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of the Theatre Team, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective theatre service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees, consultants and visitors.
- Acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including: