Director of Clinical Services
The Priory Hospital Middleton St George is located in Darlington, County Durham and provides individualised treatment and care for people with mental health needs of adult working age and who present with complex and challenging behaviours, in a safe and supportive environment. Our comprehensive integrated services offer complete care pathways allowing service users to transfer effortlessly between the most appropriate care, meeting individual needs enabling recovery and re-engagement within the community and maximising life opportunities.
Our multi-disciplinary teams provide care for up to 77 male and female service users, working collaboratively with their commissioners, across our 5 wards and our nearby community house. We deliver recovery and rehabilitation services which include a specialist female Personality Disorder service and we will open two new purpose built PICU units (one male one female) from 18th March 2019. Our focus is on the delivery of excellent care, empowering service users to progress towards the least restrictive setting and towards independence. Our vision is to place our Service Users at the heart of our service provision, working closely with them and their carers to support their recovery and rehabilitation.
Of most recent note we have been assessed as "outstanding" by the CQC in November 2018 and we aim to continue to improve on our levels of performance and care delivery throughout 2019 and the coming years.
We are looking for a boundaried, resilient and integrity driven Director of Clinical Services who is flexible and willing to work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary setting and as part of the Senior Management Team.
The individual should be committed to upholding the highest professional standards in their work at all times.
Successful candidates will be motivated to work in a service that offers involvement and empowerment for service users, contributing to the development and enhancement of nursing services at site. Ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against key performance indicators, you will lead, enhance and deliver our exceptional standards of performance that have become synonymous with Priory Group, the UK's leading independent provider of mental health services.
What we'd like from you:
• NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
• Extensive clinical and management experience
• You will be a strategic thinker and demonstrate an understanding of strategic management techniques
• Evidence of relevant professional development both clinically and managerially preferably supported by certification / qualification
• Ability to harness the commitment and potential of others
• Fine tuned decision making skills
• Excellent organisational capability
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Motivated with a strong "can do" attitude
• A role model to other staff - providing advice and support to promote good practice
What we'd like to give you:
• A competitive salary
• Disclosure check cost coverage
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising with years' service
• Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra day's annual leave
• Free on-site parking
• Complimentary Access to our on-site gymnasium