Director of Nursing
Based in Doha, Qatar, Naufar is a ground breaking, new sanctuary for wellness and treatment of behavioural, substance use and addiction related disorders. Naufar delivers care with exceptional hospitality services across 127 residential rooms, together with clinics and over 50 individual and group treatment / therapy rooms.
Naufar services include residential and non-residential programmes, assessment services, and awareness programes.
We are recruiting for a dynamic and innovative Director of Nursing with extensive experience within the field of mental health and/or substance abuse to:
- Contribute to the strategic and corporate direction and management of Naufar
- Provide nursing advice to managers and clinicians in accordance with national policy.
- Provide highly visible leadership of Naufar’s nursing workforce and foster a culture which values continuing professional development that empowers nurses to achieve excellence in the delivery of patient care.
- Provide nursing leadership and management of the Quality agenda
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Quality Management to develop a culture which embeds Clinical Quality and Governance and monitors its effectiveness.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop and execute the department’s long-term strategic plan in alignment with Naufar’s corporate strategy.
- Develop annual business plans for the department to ensure the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Support in the development of objectives and plans for the applicable cross-functional teams in order to ensure the achievement of Patient’s objectives and service standards.
- Report to the Director – Clinical Operations on the progress of activities against the annual business plans, opportunities, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to make an informed decision.
- Manage and continuously monitor the performance of the department to ensure performance deviations are identified in a timely manner, and required resources and actions are implemented to meet performance targets.
- Contribute to the management and strategic development of Naufar’s services in accordance with local health needs, education, development and research priorities within available financial resources.
- Leadership of Nurses, such that the best professional standards which underpin excellent outcomes for patients are deployed at all times.
- Ensure the CPD of all Nursing staff and foster a culture which encourages nurses to be innovative and challenging in the interests of patient care and to take on professional leadership for the delivery of high standards of care.
- Promote Naufar as an ‘Employer of Choice’ for the nursing professions
- Ensuring the engagement of nurses, in developing Naufar’s plans, and in leading improvement, including guaranteeing privacy and dignity for all patients.
- Ensure a comprehensive policy and practice framework is in place to support delivery of care to the highest standards.
- Embed a continuous learning ethos whereby both errors / near misses and successes inform improvements. Ensure appropriate reporting, monitoring and escalation systems are in place.
- Develop team and service level ownership of quality, safety and risk management to enable on-going achievement of best possible outcomes and experiences for patients. In conjunction with the Office of Quality Management, ensure effective assurance systems are in place to govern clinical practice and patient care.
- To ensure the visibility of senior management throughout regular "walkabouts" and other means of communication.
- To promote the integration of Naufar’s nursing service to ensure, ensuring that effective team working is encouraged and service viability is maximised.
- To ensure that the incentives driving behaviours and activities within Naufar are aligned with the corporate strategy and agreed objectives.
- To establish mechanisms that facilitate open discussion leading to sound, co-ordinated operational management of all areas within Naufar
Working alongside the Office of Quality Management to:
- ensure that the highest standards of corporate and clinical governance are maintained in the organisation.
- ensure that robust risk management arrangements are in place which correctly identify key risks and how they will be managed.
- ensure that risk management is a key component of financial and operational planning and management.
- ensure that a proactive approach to infection control is embedded into Clinical Divisions and reflected in the performance management system.
Professional Nursing qualification
Masters degree in Health Management or equivalent
- Significant experience, minimum of 5 years, working within the field of mental health and/or substance abuse
- Experience in Nursing management, including at least 3 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Demonstrable track record of achievement in quality and patients safety arena and patient experience
- Experience of leading service and/or transformational change
- Experience of working with patients and the public to enhance and develop patient pathways.