BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Lead to join their team of staff in the Critical Care department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Managerial role.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Must have registered nurse qualification with significant previous experience in Critical Care (HDU/ITU).
- Management experinece desirable
- Mentorship required.
Duties of this role include:
- The purpose of the Clinical Lead role is to clinically support the department to promote and ensure excellent patient care.
- The Clinical Lead takes responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services (DOCS) (small & medium hospitals) or Clinical Services Manager(CSM) (large & flagship hospitals).
- Responsible for the deployment, supervision and mentoring of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership.
- To provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the department.
- Ensure that the highest standards of clinical quality management are maintained to promote and safeguard the well–being and interests of patients, employees and visitors.
- To provide a high standard of individualised essential patient care to ensure an efficient and courteous service is provided for the patients.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate regulatory requirements and policy by building a work culture that adheres to best practice guidelines.
- Provide technical/specialist assistance requiring a high degree of dexterity, precision, accuracy and prolonged concentration to patients and medical staff.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.