Senior Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Blackheath Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration
- ECG and blood results knowledge
- Mentor qualification
- Updated knowledge and skills regarding Orthopaedic, Bariatric, Neuro, Spinal, Gynae procedures
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Ability to manage a nursing team, when needed.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Good team worker
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.