BMI Alexandra Hospital opened in 1981 and has earned an international reputation for safe and effective outcomes across a wide range of treatments, from minor surgery to complex cardiac cases. Today over 600 Consultants choose to practice from the hospital, many of whom hold teaching responsibilities and are renowned for their experience, attracting patients worldwide.
Our recent investment programme includes an additional MRI scanner, a brand-new hybrid cardiac theatre which can be used for interventional diagnostics or as a traditional operating theatre, and a range of new equipment for the hospital’s seven operating theatres. We undertake a wide range of surgical specialities including Cardiac, General & Orthopaedics in our dedicated theatre unit.
We are looking for an experienced Theatre Practitioner to join our dedicated Scrub team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Qualified nurse or ODP - mentorship preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BMI Competencies
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as access to some of the best training and development programmes in the healthcare sector courtesy of our dedicated in-house Learning and Development team. Benefits with BMI Healthcare include:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- On-going support for your CPD
- Free parking
- Subsidised meals
- Overtime and enhanced pay rates
We actively encourage potential applicants to come to site for an informal visit first – as we feel this is the best way to truly get a feeling of what makes this unit and team so unique.
For more information or to arrange a site visit, please contact Adam Gadsby or Sandra Haughton on 01614956824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com